Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Tribute...

Hello everyone!
I really don't know who will be reading this but hey I just wanted to make sure that if you are reading it you feel loved, acknowledged, and appreciated. I have come to be a firm believer in appeasing the masses. I know I like being happy and I know that most people I know like to be happy so I will be happy to oblige.

This first blog is to be somewhat of a Tribute. I first found out about blogging lat summer. I had heard about it but I had no idea what it really was. So you can imagine my glee when my sister allowed me to read my first blog written by the infamous Christopher Thatcher. Those that know him or have read his blogs will understand where I am coming from. Not only is he hilarious but his command of the English language is astounding. Now I don't think he would want me to praise him too much so I must acknowledge that he isn't the most eloquent author nor does he use the fanciest words but he is a veritable master of making you emotionally volatile through his writings. You feel what he is feeling (or at least what I think he is feeling). You feel like you are watching a Star Wars episode only Luke is now Thatcher and you want to just scream "Go Thatcher Go!! Don't give in to the Dark side, beat that slacker in you!" Aside: If you couldn't tell this subject is very emotionally charged for me. The point I am really trying to get across is that Thatcher has been an inspiration to me not only in the field of sports (Ultimate and Cross Country) but in the world of Blogging. Thanks Thatch!

So that Thatcher doesn't feel singled out I will pick on my fellow lurp Kyle Klein. What more can be said than his height says for him? The kid is incredible! I had the opportunity to be in Men's Chorus with him last year and let me tell you what...WOW! I haven't know him all that long but through my sister Marissa Worsham (see, same last name) I have had the excuse to spend some quality time with him. I learned to see the true measure of his (6' 5") stature in choir but also on the Ultimate field. I was very impressed with his sincerity and easy-going nature. So I made an added effort to seek out opportunities to get to know him better. After becoming his friend (I like to think that he considers me to be his friend) I would talk to him when I got a chance and tried to see what made him tick. I actually got the most insight on this in his blogs which were not only spontaneously funny but also very Kyle. I will illustrate. Last night is actually what made me finally decide to get a blog account when I read Kyle's blog on the "good ole' days". I definitely believe that the Power Rangers need to make a old school come back but that isn't the point. He was able in a way that I have not seen elsewhere to express himself and to make a statement, that might have been ridiculed in the "real world", without reservation. Thanks lil "k"!

Those are my tributes. I would like to add a disclaimer that I am most definitely heterosexual, in case you were getting any ideas. Sorry guys, you are cool and all but girls are just cuter. I hope that Thatcher and Kyle wont be offended by this heart-felt blog, which I hope they read. It was not my intention to embarrass them but to thank them for their positive influence that they have had on me and to praise them in public. Well maybe my blog isn't that public but hey I am only one guy with limited voice.

Special thanks to: the afore mentioned Marissa for her mad spelling skills, Don Harsh for spiritual support, Mr. Spell-Check for capitalizing my "I's", my parents for giving me life, Joseph Smith for restoring the Gospel, President Hinckley for leading the church, Nick Morandi for humbling me in Ultimate (I will blog this later), and finally the two stars of my blog, Christopher J. Thatcher, and Kyle J. Klein.

That's all Folks!

2 comments:

Combat Kyle said...

Ah, Karl. Truly inspiring. I thank you for the kind words, it was grand. As for being publicly open with things like Power Rangers, I don't know that I would agree with that :D Just today I started singing the Sailor Moon theme song in the cafeteria. It was pretty sweet, I loved that show when I was growing up. :D Yay for not caring what other people think.

Anywhom, what a stud Karl. Good work.

Anonymous said...

Wait.... what did I do?