Monday, November 13, 2006

And the Winner is...

Welcome to my first ever Choir of the Night Award. I will start by describing the competition and then the resulting reward. Following this I will present the runner-up and Winner. (Grand Champion if you will) So after attending the Taylorsville Choir Concert tonight and actually watching from the audience for the first time in four years, I have hand selected two choirs to take home these awards tonight based on varies things. I will expound when I select the winners.

RUNNER-UP: Madrigals
Tonight the Madrigals were simply stunning, and not just with there high percentage of attractive young ladies. There Jazzy sound took the auditorium by storm. There first song, taken from Robert Frost's poem, Two Roads was a shimmering work that truly emphasized there unity and blending. All things accounted for the sound was very impressive. There next two pieces on the other hand expressed their true style, that of Jazz. There dissonant chords and sweet harmonies secured them the runner-up position with no contestation.

GRAND CHAMPION: Jr. Choir
The Jr. Choir came out like a lion! With a triple spiritual assault they were able to leave the audience in the same state that Ammon left King Lamoni in. Out COLD! Or it could be compared to when the spirit carried Nephi away into an exceedingly high mountain. Take your pick. The point is not only was Junior Choir the best sounding, it was the most surprising. Jr. Choirs just don't sound like that. Concert Choir sounded like a joke in comparison (not to dog on concert choir, they were really good, it is just the Junior Choir was better) and truly in comparison to last years groups of men's and women's choruses, it was huge difference. I should know I was in Men's Chorus last year, and I am so proud of my little Men. They were simply astounding tonight. You all brought that group together so well, you guys are growing up and your voices are maturing so well. Congrats on the wonderful result of so much hard work!

That is all we have time for tonight in this Awards Ceremony. Congratulations to Mads on a tremendous job and an even more deserved congratulations to the Jr. Choir on their History making upset.

I hope you all enjoyed that. All I said is the truth and can I just say wow. Thanks for allowing me to witness it. And as Molly says, "I say go for it? What can you lose? Your pride? Good." Madrigals is worth the risk, and I would submit that this will be one of the hardest years for "T" to decide because of sheer talent.

Good Luck to all who are willing to go out for it! Remember a turtle makes progress when it sticks its neck out.

No comments: