Tuesday, November 28, 2006

To Peru...And Beyond!!

It certainly has been too long since I posted last but this promises to be an interesting one, at least for me. This last Wednesday I received my mission call. I had been hoping it would come on Wednesday so I could open it with everyone in my family on Thanksgiving but I wasn't about to let myself hope it would actually come...but it did!

That evening I opened it with my family and to my shock and utter delight I have been called to serve in the Peru Lima Central Mission. I leave March 21st and will train in the MTC for 3 weeks then I will go to the Peru MTC for the final 6 weeks of my training. I am very excited to have the opportunity not only to serve but too preach the Gospel in Spanish.

Ever since I was a little boy (i know that is hard to imagine now that I am 6'7" but I really was little once) I have wanted and felt that I would serve in Latin America. Granted Peru NEVER even crossed my mind but I have felt an affinity to that area of the world.

So the moral of the story? Serve a mission. The preparation alone will change your life, and there is nothing that i have experienced that is more exciting than the thought of serving in a foreign country for two years. I am excited, if you boys (and those special girls) aren't excited yet, start now. You wont regret it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh snap, go Karl go!

Congratulations man. I'm very proud and happy for you. You're the real cheese man.

Combat Kyle said...

For reals, you da' the REAL cheese. I congratulate you as well. You'll be a great missionary.