Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just a Little Chat

Today i had a talk with my Mom about one of the most stressful things that i have ever encountered in my life and i was delighted to see the effect the conversation had on me.

First off i just have to say how grateful i am for my relationship with my mom. I know not all people feel this way and certainly not all guys but i can and usually do talk to my mom about everything. Life in general, accomplishments, mistakes, stresses, the gospel, you name it. We can talk about everything and it has been a constant source of wisdom and guidance throughout my life.

So after talking to my mom about all this stuff and what i thought about it and what she thought and her telling me that this difficult circumstance was "exactly what i needed" i was shocked and pleased to find that for the most part the stress had been lifted. Obviously the situation was still very really and difficult but i had a new perspective on it, i was able to have some hope regarding the whole thing rather than seeing it as a lost cause (which in and of itself is so unlike me).

Sometimes i guess we just need to talk things out as people. We need to opportunity to bounce ideas off of somebody and all the better if that person is wise. It's surprising what a little chat can do for you.

No comments: